ICCR has launched a focused campaign to assist investors in engaging companies on the alignment of their corporate climate lobbying, including through trade associations, with a goal of net zero emissions by 2050. Our members seek:
1. To encourage companies to advance public policies consistent with the goals of the Paris Accord (net zero emissions by 2050), by:
- increasing the amount and quality of information that companies disclose regarding their advocacy on climate policy;
- persuading companies concerned about the climate crisis to prioritize climate in their list of lobbying priorities;
2. To persuade companies to align their trade association memberships with the goals of the Paris Accord (net zero emissions by 2050):
- by working within their trade associations to ensure the latter’s lobbying is consistent with achieving net-zero emissions by 2050, and,
- by aligning the company’s trade association memberships, and contributions to other groups that directly or indirectly impact climate policy, with the Paris goals.